Monday, February 15, 2010

Gluten free dinner at Buffalo Phil's in the Wisconsin Dells

My family and I went up to the Wisconsin Dells last weeks and we had a fabulous waterpark vacation. I intend to post about The Great Wolf Lodge and the Uno's Pizzeria, but tonight I want to share the great GF dinner that we had at Buffalo Phil's Pizza & Grille.

We had taken the boys to the adjoining Knuckleheads Bowling and Indoor Amusement Park and they spent a long time climbing around inside of a very large jungle gym/ball pit attraction. http://dellsknuckleheads.com/ Just for fun my husband walked into Buffalo Phil's to see it they could accomodate us. The hostess knew about gluten free dining and was very helpful and gave us great recommendations.

So we gathered up the boys and had dinner! Not only were we happy to not have to get back in the car, but the food actually gets delivered by train! And the track is pretty big, there were at least 8 6-top tables along with a bunch of stools right on the track. (For Thomas fans, there was a large plasma showing Thomas DVDs). We ordered the rotisserie chicken along with coleslaw, mashed potatoes, corn, baked beans. We had to skip the corn bread and the waffle fries as they had a gluten containing coating. The chicken was very moist and flavorful and the boys ate a lot. The mashed potatoes, unfortunately, were not too good, there was some flavor to them that we could not place. The coleslaw was fresh, zesty, and crisp- very tasty.

For dessert, our server brought me out the vanilla ice cream ingredient list and she brought me the industrial can of chocolate syrup so I could check the ingredients. These all checked out and we had ice cream sundaes following our rotisserie chicken dinner.

To make this unplanned-train delivered meal even better, we were there for the Wednesday $9.99 special- so with 1 soft drink and 2 desserts our bill was $16. http://www.buffalophilsgrille.com/

This is just the kind of option I am often looking for and I am so glad to be able to share it via my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message letting me know you were here. If you have a great suggestion for GF dining let me know that, also.